Active Backup for Business - previous snapshots of C:\ not found

Hi all, I encountered on 2 of my laptops a problem which causes me a lot of frustration as via the Synology forum I really can’t solve it. I’m using a DS216+II with 1GB RAM and 2x 8TB HDD. Suddenly instead of doing a normal incremental backup I got the message ‘previous snapshots of C:\ not found’ in the agent screen which repeats itself continuously and a complete backup is now running for a very long time (386GB from 1 laptop). The Hyper BU can’t start as this proces is going on and no other laptop can now do a backup. I really did all the recommended steps what Synology asked but it runs still the full backup and causes delays for all other services. I cancelled Hyper backup temporarily to give max. resources. 1 issue I found too but didn’t do is to increase the RAM of the NAS but you loose your warranty at Synology. Did somebody else encountered these issues too? Does somebody have recommendations / solutions? I’m desperate now as I have it for the second time.

I’ve had issues on one of the older laptops in the house. Its problem is probably intermittent low disk space but it could be attributed to repeated failures to complete given the age and speed limitations of the Wi-Fi NIC. It’s not my PC so I haven’t spent as much time diagnosing as is required.

This Synology KB article provides several recipes for eliminating common issues. I’d start there and see if it reveals any clues.

Go into the details>log of the backup task and check the error code that you are getting. I believe this is an issue with your laptops and not the nas. I have this same issue that I am wrestling with. I am trying to run ABB simultaneously with Synology Drive Backup and somehow this is causing errors. When I turn off SDB, ABB works fine.

I have Synology Drive in place but Backup isn’t selected.

I did many of the in the article mentioned steps like I mentioned in my topic. I never had the issue and ABB functioned always fine until some months ago the first laptop started to have the issue and now mine too. I see also the use of RAM to be very high at the NAS, I stopped Hyper BU to give more access for the NAS. But the problem continues to be present. I closed OneDrive too.

Have you checked the amount of space you have allocated for Disk Protection?

How to Change System Protection Storage Size in Windows 10 - MajorGeeks.

It is set on 100%. Current usage indicates 37.89GB

Between () next to 100% it indicates 464,49GB

Restore settings of System Protection are disabled but I don’t believe this is an issue as it always have been disabled and then it worked fine.