Best way to backup a PC to a remote Synology

What is the best way to backup a PC to a Synology at a different location (without there being a Synology on premises at the location of the PC)? I’ve considered using Active Backup for Business for this - but I’ve read that while it’s possible - it’s not advisable to do it this way. I’ve considered WebDAV, but that doesn’t seem to be the best way to do it. I’d prefer not to use a VPN for this, because (A) I don’t want the PC to be constantly connected to the VPN, and (B) I don’t want to have to connect the PC to the VPN every time I want the backup to run. I’ve recently considered using TailScale for this, but I currently have no experience with TailScale, so I’m not sure if this would be the correct way to do it either.

Use Case For Example:
I have a DS1821+ at my house. I’d like to have a daily backup up my Father’s data on his PC (at his house) to my Synology. Basically, I would to have functionality like having a mapped network drive on my Father’s PC, so that his local backup software can backup to that mapped drive (which is synced to my Synology).

Thank you in advance for any suggestions!

I have this same question.

Would Synology Drive Server (NAS) and Client (PC) be an option? This is essentially a sync service where the folders on the NAS are synced with folders on the PC and vice versa.
The Synology Drive Client on the PC connects to the remote NAS.

It is not a backup, as accidental deletions are still gone. It has versioning, however.

So the most reliable version of this is going to be setup Synology Drive client on the PC and use that to backup.

Other option would be using active backup for business on the PC and sign into his machine using TailScale

Thanks for the reply guys! Sorry for the late response. I’ve been super busy and revisiting this got placed on the back burner. I will test both options (synology drive -vs- active backup for business and tailscale).