IPhone Ethernet connection

I have a lot of photos on my phone that I would like to backup to my synology. The auto back over night works great but is it possible to directly connect my phone over Ethernet to make it go faster?

It is possible to acquire an ethernet to thunderbolt adapter for an iPhone. Apple lists the Belkin POE ethernet adapter on their site. Wired transfer may not be faster than wireless, depending on your existing network hardware.

Hi, thank you for the reply. I do have the connector but I am unsure what to do next. Do I plug the Ethernet directly to the Nas or into the modem. Also would I need to change the IP addresses of either device to static? I’m new to all this IP address stuff so not sure how it works but when I plug Ethernet to phone I can’t recognize the nas.

Assuming “modem” means router, then you should connect to the router. It is typically configured to assign IP addresses so there ought to be no need to set static IP addresses. Your Synology is already attached to the network; that’s what the N in NAS stands for, Network Attached Storage.

Hi that worked! Thank you for the help.