Synology Photos and second shared space

Hi

I have 3 users (group A) with Photos - private and shared space.

I need to add 2 users (group B) with own private Photos and own “group B” shared space.
Users from group B cannot see shared space of group A and vice versa (except admin of course).

How can I achieve that?

Yes, you can accomplish that in Shared Space. Maybe it helps if I explain a little bit about Shared Space.

In contrast to Personal Space, where each user has its space, separated from other users and inside its Home folder, does Shared Space have a different approach.
There is one Shared Space and access is controlled by an admin where each for folder. One folder is only accessible to group A and another folder by group B.
There are different levels of access, called role permissions. You control this from the web interface of Synology Photos, Settings, Shared Space tab.

2 Likes

This support is really something that I wish was better. If you set the top level permissions for people to not be ‘full control’ then they loose the nice timeline view

I agree. The different role permissions link to different features in a way that few permissions result in missing relevant features like timeline view, search and more.