Transfer speed between PC and Synology NAS

I got myself a new PC, and thats always a good thing :grinning_face:

When I transfer files between my PC’s the speed is around 100 mb/s, both ways, and from my old PC to my Synology NAS it’s also around 100 mb/s.

From my new PC to my NAS the transfer speed is only 25-28 mb/s – both ways. I have tried to change cable (CAT 6), change the port in the switch, uninstall antivirus/firewall (Norton) – nothing changes.

Any ideas about what could be the problem?

//Anders

Two remarks. First, please be aware of the difference between mb/s and MB/s. The difference is approximately tenfold. You write mb/s (megabits/sec) but probably mean MB/s (megabytes/sec).

That said, my first guess is WiFi. Make sure it is disabled. Another potential cause your NAS. Perhaps you can share some details about model, # of disks, pool RAID type, and volume size and % in use.