Hi Think I Did the setup and am Connected to my Synology NAS on my Mac… Now… How do I access my files in Finder, Can I map a Drive?
Trying to use to remotely Access.
Otherwise What is the Best option. I would prefer Synology Drive, but It really Buggy and crappy on Mac. Windows works amazing!
Am I left with?
- Webdav - Will have to open port which is a bit tricky for me
- Quickconnect? Is this a option
I Can connect Remotely - BUT I WANT TO MPA THE FILES OR BE ABLE TO ACCESS THE FILES LIKE NORMAL IN FINDER
Im enjoying the FOrum THANK YOU!!!
You will want to look into using a VPN most likely.
You have three options:
- Setup an OpenVPN connection from the NAS. This is the most complicated but is all self hosted
- Use Synology Drive on Demand Sync with Quick Connect, issue there is having the bugginess of it
- Setup TailScale VPN, which is really easy. You then can use the remote TailScale IP of the NAS to connect to it in finder
Yes I think VPN too difficult for me.
Synology drive is killing me…. Running it sooo successfully on Windows… this will be my first choice on mac with on demand…… but its been over a year beta and official and just neeeever worked!!! So frustrating. I think this is first price because of files lying local when downloaded. Im scared of remote speed?? But I assume no other option for niw.
Ill try Tailscale later tonight… may I ask how does tailscale and twingate differ. I watches your twingate video last night… completed setup… but I cant/dont know how to access files in Finder…